\”The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work.\”
Daily Archives April 5, 2015
Imagine there is a bank that credits your account each morning with 86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course!!!!
Each of us has such a bank. Its name is TIME.
Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds.
Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose.
It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft.
Each day it opens a new account for you.
Each night it burns the remains of the day.
If you fail to use the day\’s deposits, the loss is yours.
There is no going back.
There is no drawing against the \”tomorrow\”.
You must live in the present on today\’s deposits.
Invest it so as to get from it ...
A man had a little daughter — an only and much-beloved child. He lived for her — she was his life. So when shem became ill and her illness resisted the efforts of them best obtainable physicians, he became like a man possessed, moving heaven and earth to bring about her restoration to health. His best efforts proved unavailing and the child died.
The father was totally irreconcilable. He became a bitter recluse, shutting himself away from his many friends and refusing every activity that might restore his poise and bring him back to his normal self. But one night he had a dream. He was in Heaven, and was witnessing a grand pageant of all the little child angels. They were marching in an apparently endless line past the Great White Throne.
Every white-robed angelic child carried a candle...
1) Nice bible.
2) I would like to pray with you.
3) You know Jesus? Me too.
4) God told me to come talk to you.
5) I know a church where we could go and talk.
6) How about a hug, sister?
7) Do you need help carrying your bible? It looks heavy.
8) Christians don\’t shake hands, Christians gotta hug.
9) Oh you are cold, Ecclesiastes 4:11.
10) Did it hurt when you fell from Heaven?
11) What are your plans for tonight? Feel like a bible study?
12) I am here for you.
13) The word says \”Give drink to those who are thirsty, and feed the hungry.\” How about dinner?
14) You don\’t have an accountability partner? Me neither.
15) Do you want to come over and watch the Ten Commandments tonight?
16) Is it a sin that you stole my heart?
17) Would you happen to know a Christian woman (man) th...
If I knew it would be the last time That I\’d see you fall asleep, I would tuck you in more tightly and pray the Lord, your soul to keep. If I knew it would be the last time that I see you walk out the door, I would give you a hug and kiss and call you back for one more. If I knew it would be the last time I\’d hear your voice lifted up in praise, I would video tape each action and word, so I could play them back day after day. If I knew it would be the last time, I could spare an extra minute or two to stop and say \”I love you,\” instead of assuming you would KNOW I do If I knew it would be the last time I would be there to share your day, well I\’m sure you\’ll have so many more, so I can let just this one slip away...